The Cape is an upcoming American one-hour superhero drama series. It is scheduled to air on NBC during the 2010–2011 television season as a mid-season replacement. A 2-hour premiere is scheduled for Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 9 pm Eastern and Pacific Time with an encore showing 24 hours later, after which the series will move to its normal Monday 9 pm time slot beginning January 17.
* David Lyons as The Cape – the alias of Vince Faraday, an honest cop who is believed to have died after he was framed for a series of murders.
* Jennifer Ferrin as Dana Faraday – Vince's wife, who believes her husband has died.
* Ryan Wynott as Trip Faraday – Vince's son, who idolizes The Cape and who Vince hopes will give him the belief that there are still good people left in the world.
* James Frain as Chess – the alter ego of billionaire Peter Fleming, and The Cape's nemesis, who was responsible for framing Vince for the murders.
* Keith David as Max Malini – the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince after he saved him and trains the cop to become The Cape.
* Martin Klebba as Rollo – a member of Malini's circus gang of bank robbers.
* Summer Glau as Orwell – an investigative blogger who wages war on the crime and corruption in Palm City. She becomes Vince's ally and helps him.
* Dorian Missick as Marty Voyt – a former police detective and friend to Faraday
* Vinnie Jones as Scales – a frightening criminal menace with a freakish skin condition that gives him the appearance of green and gold scales.
The series, set in the fictional metropolis of Palm City, follows an innocent cop who has been framed for a crime he did not commit and then left for dead after he is caught. He is eventually saved by a circus ringleader who prepares him with special abilities to defend himself against his foes. Separated from his wife and son, he tries to clear his name while protecting them from being killed in the event that he should be reported alive. He takes the law into his own hands by taking the guise of his son's favorite comic book hero, The Cape, after he is given a special suit that has unique capabilities. Vowing to get rid of the corruption that has taken over both the city and the police force, he goes after the person responsible for setting him up and causing his "demise".
Click the big... "NBC"
Post a Comment