Silva Screen Records' Re:Scored series and a follow up to Re:Scored Epic Classical. The Re:Scored series introduces fresh, thoughtful and contemporary film score reworkings of established genres. On Epic Classical Vol. 2, composer Antonin Roux re-arranges classical favorites in “epic” film score mode. Bach’s Cello Suite no. 1 in G major, Strauss’s The Blue Danube Waltz and Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance March in D Major feature award-winning singer Merethe Soltvedt.
The 10 classical compositions chosen for re:scoring are ingrained in popular culture and have appeared in many movies, from drama and animation to Sci-Fi and comedy. Here, the big expansive sound is always a shortcut for an epic win or lose, strength or weakness, purgative or transformational moment in the story; the distinct phrases and harmonies have now become a shortcut for turmoil, end and new beginnings.
Throughout the history of film making, iconic sequences were created by syncing classical music to picture; such as Debussy’s Claire De Lune as part of the Bellagio Resort's fountain show in Ocean’s Eleven, Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries played at full volume in the Apocalypse Now helicopter invasion scene and Strauss's Blue Danube Waltz op.314 adopted in Kubrik's 2001: A Space Odyssey as a recurring theme, giving the movie a timeless and hypnotic quality.
Merethe Soltvedt's rich vocals can be heard on Interstellar, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Men and Ready Player One. Merethe is also a performing and collaborative artist. Notably, Merethe sang with a full orchestra and choir at the Walt Disney Concert Hall as well as with Norwegian rock stars and international artists across Europe, in New York and LA.
Antonin Roux is a classically trained multi-instrumentalist and film composer based in France.
Release date: August 6, 2021
Digital album: SILED4909
01. Clair de Lune (From "Suite Bergamasque") - Claude Debussy
02. The Four Seasons Concerto No. 4 in F Minor RV 297 "Winter" - Antonio Vivaldi
03. Cello Suite no. 1 in G major BWV 1007 - Johann Sebastian Bach
04. Die Walküre, Act III: Ride of the Valkyries - Richard Wagner
05. Boléro, M.81 - Maurice Ravel
06. Gnossienne No.1: Lent - Erik Satie
07. The Blue Danube Waltz Op. 314 - Johann Strauss II
08. Carmen Opera Suite No. 2: Habanera - Georges Bizet
09. Peer Gynt Op. 23: IV. In the Hall of the Mountain King - Edvard Grieg
10. Pomp and Circumstance March in D Major Op. 39 No. 1 - Edward Elgar
Jeremy [Six Strings]